Are you frustrated with poor health advice?
- “Jogging is bad for your joints”
- “Multi-vitamins have no benefits”
- “10 minutes of exercise is of no benefit. You need to exercise at least 25 minutes”
- “Salted peanuts aren’t good for you”
- “You can’t use olive oil for cooking meals because it disintegrates”
- “Fasting is medicine”
- “Just get a surgery and it will feel a lot better”
- “Take some anti-depressants and you will be happy”
- “They can remove all your fat through a special surgery, masha’Allah”
Leading healthy wholesome lives is becoming increasingly challenging. It is hard to find time to cook and eat healthy meals; exercise is the last thought on our minds. What changes can I make to live a healthy and wholesome life? Where do I begin? What should I eat? Who should I take health advice from?
To help answer some of these questions, Qurba Academy and MysticMedicine are pleased to have Dr. Rehan Zaidi teaching a course on Traditional Healing on March 16th and 17th at Humber College North Campus (205 Humber College Blvd.) in Toronto.
This course will teach you how to:
- Heal chronic injuries and pain
- Feel more energetic
- Achieve a higher quality of life
- Learn to eat better and prevent illness
- Understand how to use natural ways to treat yourself and your family
- Perform Qi Gong (traditional Chinese energy exercises)
- Make lifestyle changes for health
- Overcome and prevent illness
Who is Dr. Rehan Zaidi?
Dr. Rehan is a naturopathic physician focusing on the integration of Western and Eastern Medicine. A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology from McMaster University, he received his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Committed to continuing education, he has further pursued training in constitutional homeopathy, Chinese medicine, complementary care for cancer patients, and mind-body medicine. Dr. Rehan spent most of 2010 and 2011 in the Far East specializing in ancient Chinese energy arts (QiGong) at the feet of traditional healers.
Dr. Rehan has worked as a primary health care provider for the Allergy Clinic; one of the largest multidisciplinary health clinics in Canada, the Jordanian Centre for Chinese Medicine, and educated health care providers about current research in complementary medicine during his work for Swiss Remedies. More recently he lectured at the Melaka College of Complementary Medicine in Malaysia as well as developed a Naturopathic Medical program for Cyberjaya University of Medical Sciences. Dr. Rehan now teaches online and on-the-ground courses to the public and to professionals; he treats patients at the Holistic Health Center in the Palliative Care Clinic, Amman, Jordan.
In humanitarian service, Dr. Rehan traveled with a team of physicians to provide emergency care to disaster stricken victims in Balakot, Pakistan during the earthquake of 2005, and served the Iraqi refuge population at the Jordan/Iraq checkpoint under Doctors without Borders (MSF).
Dr. Rehan is the General Director of MysticMedicine.com
When: March 16 & 17 (Sat & Sun from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Where: Humber College (North Campus)
Price: $99 (taxes included)