Quran and Sunna:
Knowing the Sources
What’s the difference between the Quran and fiqh? How do we know the Sunna was preserved? Isn’t the Quran enough? This inspirational course will grant students a greater appreciation for the primary texts and their scholars in a fresh, exciting, and invigorating way.
“(This is) a Scripture that We have revealed unto thee, full of blessing, that they may ponder its revelations, and that men of understanding may reflect.” [38.29]
When the Prophet died…
The Quran, as we know it today, did not exist. 23 years of revelation – scribbled on palm leaves and animal skins – were scattered amongst the believers. The Prophet’s smile, voice, and embrace, now memories, existed only in the hearts of men. And a grief-stricken community now had the monumental task of drying their tears, rolling up their sleeves, and preserving this religion.
But how would Islam survive the Prophet’s death?
Welcome to Belief: Securing Faith
Quran and Sunna: Knowing the Sources
This course unravels the meticulous history of Islam’s primary texts. Students will learn how the blood, sweat, and sacrifice of great scholars preserved this religion. By the end of this class, students will have the clarity to filter out fictitious claims and the confidence to live the Sunna with excellence.
You will learn…
- About the phenomenal and methodical task of compiling, transmitting, and preserving the Quran and Sunna
- How to have a living relationship with the most important book you’ll ever read
- The essence of the connection between the Quran and Sunna and how they form the bases for all of the Islamic sciences
- About the incredible men and women in history who struggled and laboured to preserve the sources of this religion accurately and authentically
Who should attend?
- Anyone who desires to be close to Allah Most High
- Anyone who aspires to follow the Prophetic example, peace and blessings upon him
- Anyone who intends to further study Islam and needs a solid foundation of the Islamic sciences
- Anyone who wants to have confidence and clarity about the most important texts in Islam
Topics Covered in this Course
- Compilation and Preservation of the Quran
- The Quranic Message
- Compilation and Preservation of the Sunna
- The Message of the Sunna
- The Relationship Between the Quran and Sunna
- The Relation of the Primary Sources to the Islamic Sciences