What is the theology of orthodox Islam? Find out in this exploratory course on the fundamental aspects of Islamic belief. Students will develop certainty and confidence in knowing the difference between knowledge, faith, and action.
prayer is just exercise,
fasting is hunger,
life has no direction.
Welcome to Belief: Securing Faith
Whoever believes through mere following
Their faith is not safe from creeping doubts
—Ibrahim al-Laqani, Jawharat al-Tawhid
Is your faith safe?
Life is full of ideas, events, and people that test your beliefs. Sometimes, even shake them. In our culture of scientism and skepticism, religion is seen as foolish, irrational, and outdated. This leaves Muslims with the responsibility to know and articulate their beliefs – or be outsmarted.
Know your Aqida
This course gives you the tools to navigate through philosophical clutter and learn the sources of Islamic theology. Through a highly organized and uncomplicated curriculum, you’ll discover what you need to have sound belief.
You will learn…
- The orthodox tenets of Islamic belief and their sources
- The relationship between knowledge, faith, and action
- To have complete trust in Islamic theology, so that you can live your life with confidence, purpose, and clarity
Who should attend?
- Any Muslim who wishes to know, with complete confidence, the articles of their faith and the tenets of their beliefs
- Anyone who desires to love God and to know Him better
- Any Muslim who wants to follow the Prophetic example by truly understanding his message of tawhid
Topics Covered in this Course
- Aqida: Meaning & Usages
- Knowledge & The Types of Propositions
- Tenets of Faith: Theology
- Transcendence, Divine Attributes & Primary Textual Evidence
- Tenets of Faith : Prophetology and Eschatology
- What is Valid Belief?
- Knowledge, Affirmation & Action
- Realizing One’s Faith: Man & the Signs